When it comes to Neteller poker sites, one professional player who probably wouldn’t be too keen to sing their praises would be Isaac Haxton. The high stakes star was once left in a precarious predicament after a change in US regulation meant $800,000 of his bankroll was frozen in Neteller. Fortunately, Haxton got his money back and since that time there haven’t been any reported issues between those that play online poker, Neteller or any other payment processor.
What is Neteller?
Neteller poker sites are a popular choice for grinders because the company offers both online and offline services in the form of an eWallet and accompanying debit card. When it comes to US poker sites, Neteller is no longer an option, but for those located internationally it’s one of the most secure options in the industry.
When it comes to playing poker online, Neteller has become a “must use” option for two simple reasons: speed and security. All Neteller transactions are processed within seconds, allowing you to get straight into the action at the virtual felt. Moreover, thanks to Neteller using 128-bit SSL encryption for all its transactions, plus the fact it acts as an intermediary between your bank account and the poker room, you can rest assured that your money is safe at all times.
Another benefit when it comes to using Neteller poker sites is that it offers a Net+ card. Acting like a debit card, this facility gives you even quicker access to your cash. Moreover, it means you can keep your online poker transactions completely separate from your bank account if you wish.
– Available for deposit – Yes, but only for residents outside of the US.
– Available for withdrawal – Yes, but only for those located outside of the USA.
– Money available instantly – Deposits are processed instantly. Withdrawals (once processed by one of our poker rooms) will be available transferred to your bank account within three hours.
– Success rates – Outside of the USA, Neteller online poker transactions enjoy a 100% rate.
– Fees associated – When it comes to our top poker sites, Neteller transactions are free. However, from Neteller to your bank account, Neteller charges 3.5% (bank ACH transfer) or 2.5% (Visa/ MasterCard). When currency conversions are necessary, Neteller adds a 2.95% to the daily average interbank market rate.
Online Poker, Neteller and How it Works
To play poker online, Neteller should be used in the following way:
- Deposit funds into your Neteller account by using bank transfer or one of the approved deposit methods, such as Visa or MasterCard.
- Once your Neteller account has been funded, you can transfer the funds to one of our recommended poker rooms using the “Neteller” option on the cashier page.
- To make a deposit, simply login to one of our top poker sites, Neteller will be a visible option, and click “buy chips”.
- Once you’ve done this, you’ll need to enter your Neteller account ID, secure ID and the amount you wish to deposit.
To make a withdrawal, simply reverse the above process i.e. select the amount you wish to withdraw, choose Neteller as the cashout option and wait for the transaction to be verified. In general, for online poker, Neteller withdrawals will be processed within 24-72 hours. Once the cash is in your Neteller account, you can withdraw it to your bank account (this usually takes three hours) for a small fee.
Neteller, one of the largest money transfer services in the world, is presently not available on US poker sites due to government regulations.
US Neteller Poker Sites: Safety
In the world of online poker, Neteller is known to be one of the safest payment processors you can use. Aside from the company using 128-bit SSL encryption and acting as an intermediary between your bank and a poker site, Neteller is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Under its parent company, Optimal Payments PLC, Neteller is bound by the same operational codes that govern major banks and credit card providers such as Visa and MasterCard.
Naturally, this security is extended to Neteller poker sites and all those you use this as their preferred deposit and withdrawal option.
US Poker Sites Accepting Neteller
Unfortunately, when it comes to USA poker rooms that accept Neteller deposits, , Neteller isn’t available. You can’t play poker online with Neteller payments. Although Neteller used to serve millions of American players across the USA, regulatory changes meant the company was forced to refocus.
However, one thing to note with regards to online poker, Neteller and United States laws is that the tides are changing. At present, the US is in a state of flux with regards to igaming and as more states start to allow online poker, it’s very likely that we’ll see Neteller re-enter the US market in the near future.