For US poker sites, Discover Card is a natural fit because the company is primarily operational in the US. Most cards with the Discover brand are issued by Discover Bank which means online poker Discover Card transactions are extremely safe.
What are Discover Card Poker Sites?
Aside from credit card payments for poker online, Discover Card users can also use this financial network for debit card transactions. Since 2006, the company began offering debit card facilities through the Pulse payment system and this has given rise to a slew of Discover Card poker sites.
Taking money directly from your account and turning it into a virtual bankroll, online poker Discover Card transactions involving this debit card facility is fantastic. In fact, aside from being an efficient way to process money, this method is extremely secure.
On top of numerous security features, such as a unique account number, Discover Card transactions will only take money that a person has in their account. This means that if they tried to deposit $500, but only had $450 available, the transaction would be declined. For those that aren’t able to manage their money very well, this is a fantastic safeguard.
US Poker Sites Accepting Discover Card
If you’re playing in Europe, or even if you’re in one of our American poker rooms, Discover Card transaction will operate under the below conditions.
- Deposits available? Largely, yes. Discover Card poker sites are accessible to US users.
- Withdrawals available? Similar to deposits, Discover Card poker rooms are usable to US players.
- Instantly available money? Discover Card transfers are instant, but withdrawals can range from 1 – 7 days.
- Rates of success? Discover Cards are accepted across the US but success rates can vary.
- The daily average rate from the currency market will be used if you are depositing/withdrawing in a currency other than American Dollars.
Play Poker Online with Discover Card Safely
Speaking on a purely technical basis, Discover Card poker sites are 100% safe. The reason for this is that the company is a publicly traded asset and, thus, bound by a string of financial regulations.
Beyond this, grinders choosing online poker Discover Card deposit options must take care to not spend more than they can afford. Because Discover Card offers both debit and credit card services for American and European consumers, an issue can arise with the latter option.
Essentially, credit cards contain an amount of money that’s been given to the holder’s bank. This cash isn’t free as it has to be paid back over a period of time. Because of this, Discover Card online poker transactions, when made with a credit card, can have a hidden fee in the form of interest charges. Because each transaction will incur some long-term charges by your bank, you need to factor this into your overall costs.
If you’re a US poker player, you cannot use your Discover Card to make payments at American poker sites, but it’s hoped that this will change in the future.
Online Poker & Discover Cards
For poker sites, Discover Card transactions are easy to use as money is taken directly from your personal account in the process described below.
- Choose one of the top Discover Card poker sites we recommend.
- Navigate to the cashier page and choose “Discover Card” as your deposit method.
- Type the amount of money you wish to deposit, along with your card number.
- Tap in your CVV number to make the transaction secure.
- The money will be transferred almost instantly once the process is completed.
US Poker Rooms Accepting Discover Card Deposits
When it comes to poker online, Discover card transactions in the US market are somewhat complicated. While some operators in America will accept Discover deposits, others will shy away from offering this option.
As the online poker market in the USA continues to grow, more regulated Discover Card poker sites are beginning to spring up. In fact, platforms such as Ultimate Poker are now giving customers the ability to fund their accounts using a prepaid card powered by Discover. Not only is this option safe and secure, but it’s a great way to earn extra value from a US poker site in the form of VIP points and loyalty bonuses.