Pokersites.us realizes that while most players will enjoy these games properly and in the fashion they were intended, a small number may develop a potential problem or even addiction. In order to help better serve the needs of all our players, please look over the following information if you, or a friend or loved one might have a potential problem. We are committed to helping you obtain all the needed support.
Understanding Online Gaming:
Online poker and gaming should be a fun, enjoyable activity. This means being able to comfortably play in moderation and be used as a leisure event, not as a way to earn money or income that is needed for daily or monthly expenses.
You also must avoid chasing any of your losses. Obviously, poker and all forms of online gambling involves a certain level of risk. This is part of what makes the game fun. However, if you do not seem able to accept even a small loss and continue playing until that is made up or an even larger loss is sustained, this is a clear sign of trouble.
Part of maintaining control of your online gambling activity means setting limits for yourself. Consider actually keeping track of how much time and money you actually spend playing online. Be sure to balance your online gaming with other activities like spending time with your friends and family.
If there is a problem with online gaming, it is always best to recognize this and deal with it sooner rather than later. The following questions can be used as a self-assessment in order to determine if it might be time to either implement additional controls or seek outside help:
- Do you gamble as a way to escape from some boring or unhappy aspects of your life situation?
- After having an argument or becoming frustrated, does this make you want to turn to online poker?
- Have others ever noticed and made comments about your possibly excessive level of online gaming?
- Have you ever missed work or school in order to gamble?
- When gambling, are you alone for long periods of time?
- Do have a certain amount of money earmarked specifically for gambling? If so, are you reluctant to use this money for anything else?
- Have you ever lied or been deceptive regarding the amount of money or time spent playing poker or engaged in other gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen, or borrowed money in order maintain your level of gambling?
- After losing, is it a high priority to win back the lost money as soon as possible?
- Has gambling caused you to lose interest in family, friends or other pastimes?
- If you ever run out of money while gaming, does this cause a feeling of despair and lead to the ‘need’ to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Have ever gambled until every penny is gone, leaving yourself without anything for needed expenses?
- Does gambling ever cause you to feel depressed, or even suicidal?
If you answer several of these questions with a yes, chances are high you might have a problem. Consider obtaining some help.
US poker players are encouraged to be responsible when gaming, which means taking on an amount of risk at the poker table that they can successfully manage.
Playing Online Poker In A Responsible Manner:
If you decide to play online poker, please do so in a responsible manner. This means keeping yourself safe and taking the steps to reduce the risk of developing an addiction. Please think about the following considerations:
- Pay attention to your mood. Do not play if you are feeling frustrated, angry or depressed.
- Determine your loss and win limits ahead of time in order to control chasing losses.
- Make sure to take regular breaks and set a time limit for your playing sessions.
- Consider your finances and then only use what you can afford to lose. Never play with money needed for normal expenses.
- Consider using our site tools like customer established deposit limits (controls amount you may deposit into your account) and the self-exclusion tools (sets a period of time in which you cannot log into your account).
Seek Help For Gambling Problems:
Gambling problems are to be taken seriously. If you, or someone you love might fit the criteria for having such an issue, consider obtaining some help. We have a number of useful resources listed below.